COVID-19 SAFE VISITATION
Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health issued a new Order 16-2021 on April 26, 2021 that addresses the topic of enhanced visitation in long term care (LTC) and supported living (SL) care homes in Alberta.
Intercare’s Safe Visitation Policy and Related Requirements – COVID 19 Pandemic was updated on May 7, 2021 to reflect the changes associated with CMOH Order 16-2021. We encourage you to read the updated policy for your information and at your convenience, to ensure you are familiar with all of the visitation requirements and related processes in our care homes.
DOCUMENTS FOR VISITATION
Below is a listing of important documents that are applicable to scheduled visits. Visitors must ensure that they have reviewed the documents prior to their first scheduled visit. Please also note that a completed and signed waiver form, including a witness signature, is a requirement for visitations and must be provided to the Care Home by visitors at the time of their first scheduled visit, in place in order for the visit to take place.
- Download: 06-06-00 Safe Visitation Policy and Related Requirements – COVID 19 Pandemic (as of May 7, 2021)
- Download: Safe Visiting Practices (July 2020)
- Download: How to Hand Wash
- Download: How to Wear a Mask
- Download: How to use Alcohol Based Hand Rub
- Download: DESIGNATED FAMILY-SUPPORT PERSONS AND OTHER VISITORS – RELEASE AND WAIVER AGREEMENT (April 2021)
SCHEDULING A VISIT
- All visits must be requested and pre-booked by Designated Family/Support Persons only;
- To request an indoor visit, please use the contact information below to pre- book an indoor at your loved one’s care home ( NOTE: Indoor visits are open to designated family or support persons only); and
- To request an outdoor visit, please use contact information below to pre- book an outdoor visit at your loved one’s care home.
Our staff are available and would pleased to answer questions when Designated Family / Support Persons contacts us to request and book a resident visit, as well as when the scheduled visitor(s) arrives at the care home to participate in their scheduled visit.
Brentwood Care Centre
- Recreation Staff at 403-289-2576, ext. 206 between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday
Chinook Care Centre
- Welcome Coordinator at 403-252-0141, ext. 383 or Main Reception at 403-252-0141, ext. 310 between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday
Southwood Care Centre
- Main Reception at 403-252-1194, between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday
Kingsland Terrace Supportive Living
- Nursing staff at 403-291-0499 between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday