Volunteering at Intercare
Volunteers are a very important part of the Intercare Team. Volunteers enhance the quality of life for residents by supplementing services offered by staff. In addition, volunteer services provide an opportunity for community members to share their talents and establish relationships with our residents, staff and other community members.
Volunteering with Intercare is a great opportunity to make a difference in a resident’s life. You can be part of an outing or activity; share your talents and skills, work one to one or in a group situation.
We welcome volunteers to help out and work in our Long Term Care and Hospice programs.
Volunteers help in a variety of programs. Some examples include:
- Recreation Therapy programs
- Occupational and Physiotherapy programs
- Meal Times
- Palliative Care
- Pastoral Care
- Completed application
- Successful completion of the interview process and positive reference check
- Pass a City of Calgary Police Security Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Successful completion of orientation
- Volunteers who are under the age of 16 years are very welcome if accompanied by an adult