| For the specialized care of individuals with an acquired brain injury
Intercare’s Special Care 16 Bed Unit provides residents who have an acquired brain injury with specialized care in a safe, secure, respectful and compassionate living environment that focuses on maximizing resident function. The Special Care Unit enables residents to live life to their fullest potential. Residents engage in activities that are productive, promote safety, growth, independence and enhance quality of life based on our HOPE MODEL OF CARE:
|Honoring dignity and choice;
Opportunities for growth;
Promoting independence; and
Engaging residents, families and community partners.
The Special Care Team
Our Special Care Team consists of:
- Attending Physicians who provide care in collaboration with the special care team and in consultation with Alberta Health Services/Calgary Health Region.
- Registered Nurses who provide 24 hour care and support.
- Recreation Therapy programming that offers social and quality of life activities aimed at maximizing resident growth and potential.
- Care Aides who provide personal care, companionship and daily assistance.
- Ready access to Social Work, Physical and Occupational Therapy, Psychiatry and Dietary professionals to meet the individual resident needs.
Clinical Team Leader
Associate Team Leader